👩🏽💻Full Stack Engineer
As our first hire, you will:
- Work closely with the rest of the team (engineering, product, design) to define and implement new features from start to finish, with clean and well-tested code (dev-ops, server, client).
- Build and maintain infrastructure and monitoring such that our clients are consistently having the best possible experience.
We believe in empowering and delighting our customers. The biggest part of that is listening to them, when they’re happy, and when they’re frustrated. Before making any hard decision, listen to different points of view, collect as much insight as possible, and move forward with conviction. Don’t bring the ego in the building.
"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way."
-- Mark Twain
Failure is embraced, as long as you learn something from it.
We believe in curiosity, and first-principles reasoning. All ideas are welcome, and debate is embraced. We aim for clarity of thought, and collecting diverse points of view, from our team, and our customers.
Keep it simple
"Stock is the backbone of good cooking, just roast some bones, roast some vegetables, put them in a big pot with water, and reduce and reduce and reduce."
-- Anthony Bourdain
Whether cooking, writing a book, or managing your workload, boiling ideas down to their essence, and bringing elegant simplicity to complex systems are the backbones of operational excellence.
Bring people together
Monolist aims to empower everyone to participate in decision-making by surfacing relevant context and allowing them to easily provide their input. Employees have historically been siloed by their organization or tools, but the best work is done when all voices are heard.
- 2+ years of engineering experience in a consumer software company.
- Capable of diving into backend code to write new features from top to bottom.
- BS in computer science or related field, or relevant work experience.
- Ruby (on Rails) experience
- You understand, and care deeply about the ramifications of the code you write, on the customer, and on the business.
- You think from first-principles.
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of iteration of an early-stage startup.
- You are passionate about productivity, and want to help people do their best work.
- You are resourceful and will do whatever to deliver delightful customer experiences.
- You have strong opinions, but are open to changing your mind.
- You believe that a steeper slope makes up for a lot of y-intercept.
Ready to join the team?
Monolist provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.